- Upcoming Traffic Impacts, Detours - Oct. 30, 2018
- Upcoming Traffic Impacts, Detours - Oct. 25, 2018
- Northbound Newtown Rd. left-turn to Center Drive to close for up to a month
- Beginning August 5: Newtown Rd. South nightly closures for 8 weeks
- Beginning July 15: Traffic Pattern Changes to I-264E Exits 15A&B (Newtown Rd)
- Beginning June 11: 264W to Witchduck Detour
- Traffic Impacts to Witchduck Off-Ramps, Grayson Road in June
- Month-long Curlew Drive detour to begin May 30
- Nightly detours of Newtown Rd north, Greenwich Rd east beginning as early as May 21
- Rescheduled: Weekend closure of I-264 east Exit 15A to South Newtown Rd Nov. 4-6
- Temporary lane restriction Oct. 16-21 on Newtown Rd Exit 15A
- Weekend closures of southbound Kempsville Road July 21-24
- Overnight lane closures on I-64 west and I-264 west May 30-June 1
- Overnight delays, stoppages on I-64 near the I-264 interchange on May 22, 23
- Expect delays, 20-minute stoppages on I-264 the evening of May 8
- May schedule for Curlew Drive closures
- Curlew Drive closures
- Nightly lane closures on I-64 west to I-264 begin Feb. 27
- Newtown Road travel alert Feb. 16-23, 2017 (Update: These closures are now scheduled to be finished by the night of Feb. 26)
Free Traffic Tools
Take advantage of VDOT's free traffic information resources to help plan your commute.
- Tune to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680AM for 24/7 traffic information.
- Call the Traffic Line at 757-361-3016.
- Dial 511. 511 features a voice prompt system that enables you to receive current travel and traffic condition reports by roadway. Although the 511 signs are posted on the highway, we discourage motorists from using cell phones while driving.
- Visit http://www.511virginia.org/ for the latest real-time traffic information, road conditions and lane closures. You can also set up email and text alerts by roadway to help manage your commute.
- Download the free VDOT511 smartphone app, available for iOS and Android devices. You can view maps and traffic cameras and get travel times to several interstate segments throughout the state.