- Temporary lane restriction Oct. 16-21 on Newtown Rd Exit 15A
- Weekend closures of southbound Kempsville Road July 21-24
- Overnight lane closures on I-64 west and I-264 west May 30-June 1
- Overnight delays, stoppages on I-64 near the I-264 interchange on May 22, 23
- Expect delays, 20-minute stoppages on I-264 the evening of May 8
- May schedule for Curlew Drive closures
- April schedule for Curlew Drive closures
- Curlew Drive closures
- Nightly lane closures on I-64 west to I-264 begin Feb. 27
- Newtown Road travel alert Feb. 16-23, 2017 (Update: These closures are now scheduled to be finished by the night of Feb. 26)
Free Traffic Tools
Take advantage of VDOT's free traffic information resources to help plan your commute.
- Tune to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680AM for 24/7 traffic information.
- Call the Traffic Line at 757-361-3016.
- Dial 511. 511 features a voice prompt system that enables you to receive current travel and traffic condition reports by roadway. Although the 511 signs are posted on the highway, we discourage motorists from using cell phones while driving.
- Visit www.VA511.com for the latest real-time traffic information, road conditions and lane closures. You can also set up email and text alerts by roadway to help manage your commute.
- Download the free VDOT511 smartphone app, available for iOS and Android devices. You can view maps and traffic cameras and get travel times to several interstate segments throughout the state.